Hiring a Moving Company: Don’t Fly Blind
I just went to visit clients who had recently moved into their new home. I asked them “How did the move go”, remembering that I had recommended one of the Winnipeg Moving Companies I personally know and trust.
Turns out they did not use my recommended mover, but hired a couple of small guys who promised to have a lot of sympathy.
Here was their experience:
- The bill was substantially larger than the initial estimate (a common scam in the moving industry )
- Some of their stuff got damaged, and most disturbing of all
- $180 cash disappeared out of the lady’s purse
Calling the company directly got absolutely no results, leaving a frustrated client.
Why you should get a referral
Especially in industries which are as unregulated as Moving Companies, asking your real estate agent for a referral is important (Same goes for Landscapers, Mortgage Brokers and numerous other services). If my clients had used my recommended movers, here would have been the outcome:
A: None of the above would have happened, or
B: They could have called me to rectify the problem, which I would have done, or
C: I’d never be recommending THAT mover again, which would cost them money in the long run
If you need a referral for a Mover, HVAC, Electrician, Landscaper, Mortgage Broker, or any one of dozen different services, call me anytime…. Bo 204-333-2202
- How To Choose the Best Color for Your Metal Roof - 2022-01-16
- Home Cleaning Tips for Spring 2022 - 2022-01-07
- How To Protect Your Yard From Damage Caused by Snow - 2021-12-21