Date Night in Downtown Winnipeg
Downtown Winnipeg is the place to be on Date-Nite”…..with so many options, you can do something different every week.
Here are a few tried and true ideas for having fun on date night in downtown Winnipeg:
1) Dinner and a movie. Downtown Winnipeg is a hub of restaurants and theaters. The Line Up in the Exchange District has a good deal for dinner with a movie pass at your choice of a couple movie theaters in the area. The Peasant Cookery boasts fresh food in a sit-down atmosphere.
Cinematheque is an entertaining theatre to go to for films produced and directed by local filmmakers, as well as for artsy films that you normally can’t find at a regular movie theatre. Towne 8, the Globe and IMAX are all in the area as well, giving you your pick of any of the latest releases.
2) Drinks before the theatre. Blufish and Sensi are both right around the corner from the Manitoba Theatre Centre. The ambience in both of these restaurants will make you want to stay for “just one more drink,” so be sure to give yourself enough time before the theatre! The Concert Hall, MTC Warehouse and Prairie Theatre Exchange all offer unique shows as well which are sure to please.
3) First Fridays. Supporting your local artists, exploring heritage buildings and admiring beautiful works of art is what you’ll get if you partake in First Fridays. On the first Friday of every month, artists from all around downtown Winnipeg display their art in several buildings in the Exchange District. Admission is free. It’s a great opportunity to wander through countless rooms in the heritage buildings and to discover talented new artists living right here in Winnipeg.
4) A stroll along Waterfront. Walking along the river on a quiet evening is a beautiful way to pass the time. Summer is the perfect time to go with the sun staying up later into the evening. Paths meander alongside the river; you can walk from downtown Winnipeg to the Forks at any time of the year. During flood season the river walk is closed between the Forks to Osborne Village, but it can also be a lovely walk later in the year for those who wish to get in a little bit more exercise.
5) Watching live music. You need only be in the streets of downtown Winnipeg to hear bands practicing in heritage buildings, but seeing a live band is even better. Grab a bite at Deseo Bistro before catching a show at the Albert (in the same building); the King’s Head and the Lo Pub are equally enjoyable for music that you can dance to or simply sit back and enjoy.
For those who want to get out there and party, there are a number of clubs in the Exchange District and the Theatre District to check out. Stop by the Fyxx or the Mondragon if you prefer a cup of coffee in the evening. When in doubt, go exploring – there’s always something new and interesting going on in downtown Winnipeg to enjoy!
Sagan Morrow owns an open-concept condo in Winnipeg’s Exchange District and loves downtown living. By night she writes the blog Living Healthy in the Real World and is the Executive Director for The Food Label Movement; by day, she coordinates the Dig In local food campaign for Food Matters Manitoba. She enjoys taking in the theatre and art culture of downtown Winnipeg during her spare time.
blog.winnipeghomefinder.comNovember 1, 2012 7:13:02 AM CDT
Latest Posts,Winnipeg museum, tourism, Winnipeg Canadian Museum for Human Rights will be a hot attraction in Winnipeg . Downtown living is especially exciting in Winnipeg at this time because of the new Canadian Museum for Human Rights that is currently being built, expected to launch in 2013. Although it is still in the construction phase, […]
RSS Feed Powered by MaxBlogPress Bring My Blog Visitors Back
By night she writes the blog Living Healthy in the Real World and is the Executive Director for The Food Label Movement; by day, she coordinates the Dig In local food campaign for Food Matters Manitoba. Sagan has a …Our Latest Web-Stories Never miss an episode of our real estate podcast. Install our FREE Podcast App available on iOS and Android. For your Apple Devices, click here to install our iOS App. For your Android Devices, click here to install our Android App. Check my videos on Youtube