Bathroom renos and upgrades in a weekend
Many homeowners are looking to redo and update their homes, but with busy schedules, often only have time on the weekends. While a complete overhaul of the house might be unrealistic for this time frame, a bathroom makeover is completely do-able. The following tips and tricks will show you how to be a weekend warrior without having to hire a professional crew for assistance.
Home magazines and online resources, such as Pinterest, are filled with all the newest color palettes, design themes and patterns to get your inspiration flowing. Utilize the many beautiful bath photos to find the theme or color scheme that calls to you and run with it.
Heading to only one or two stores is crucial, since your time should be spent renovating, not driving all over town for what you need. Planning ahead will lessen frustrations when you begin scouring the aisles.
Finding the Perfect Products
For a weekend makeover, focus on the following products:
• Paint: Be sure to choose a semi-gloss or bathroom-specific paint, since the steam from hot showers and excessive water flow can make the bathroom a harsh environment.
• Faucets: When selecting your faucet, consider style, finish, coordinating products and quality. The Moen Boardwalk bath collection, for instance, features a blend of vintage design and classic lines for a stunning look in any bath.
• Showering: The shower is a place to escape and relax – so be sure to find products to enhance this space. Today's showerheads come in variety of designs – wallmount, handheld, multi-function, rainshower – or a combination of all. Find the one that suits your showering style and choose a finish to coordinate with the rest of your bath.
• Accessories: For added safety with style, try designer grab bars with accessories, which combine the safety benefits of a grab bar with one of three common bath essentials – a towel bar, a paper holder and a shelf – making each item functional and fashionable. Adding these discrete safety solutions will keep your bath looking great while still being practical.
• Accents: Once you've chosen all the hardware for your bath, you'll need to think of the softer accents to help pull your design together. A new shower curtain, decorative towels, throw rug and curtains will add the final finishing touch to your new space.
Install and Enjoy
Once you've purchased your product selections, it's time to start your update. Luckily, each of these projects can be accomplished quickly and are simple enough for even a novice DIYer.
About the PublisherBo Kauffmann is a residential real estate agent with over 18 yrs experience in helping buyers and sellers achieve their goals. Inducted into the REMAX Hall of Fame in 2010 and receiving the REMAX Lifetime Achievement Award in 2019, Bo has sold over 500 houses and condos in the Greater Winnipeg market. He is an accredited buyer representative (A.B.R.) and a Luxury Home Marketing Specialist. Bo provides exceptional service to First-Time Home-Buyers, Seniors looking to downsize and Home Sellers of all ages. He can be reached easily By E-Mail or call/text him Call/Text Here
Never miss an episode of our real estate podcast. Install our FREE Podcast App available on iOS and Android. For your Apple Devices, click here to install our iOS App. For your Android Devices, click here to install our Android App. Check my videos on Youtube