Preparing for your move to a larger home
If you have been living at a rented apartment or a small house, moving to a large home may seem to be a completely new kind of experience. So, you may have to start planning for this. In fact, the day when you will have to move is going to be the most busy and occupied day for you. You need to have every other detail at your fingertips otherwise the situation can turn worse. May it be a large home or small, it is important for you to be aware of what you need and how you want your home to look like. Just as it is important for you to use a home mortgage calculator while buying a home, it also is important for you to consider various other things while moving into your new home.
Moving to a larger home
It is not only about the day you are going to move into your new larger home. You will have to consider the days ensuing your ‘move in' too. However, some of the most important things you need to do if you are moving up to a large home are:
- Note down the details while taking a tour of the home – In order to avoid mistakes it would be important for you to note down all of the possible details, while you will be touring the home. This would help you in planning your move in the right way.
- Make a mental picture of how you are going to set things up – It would be better to make a mental picture of how you would like to set up your things. Based on that, you can start jotting down a proper plan.
- Determine the items you will be taking along with you – Determine which are the items you are going to take along with you while moving. There must be numerous such items which won't be of much use. So, it would be better to do away with these. If you can sell those off, you may be able to make some extra money. This money can come in handy in case of emergencies, while on the move.
- Decide if you would need to buy a few essentials before moving – Decide if you would at all be required to buy a few items, as you are moving into a new home.
- Try to have lots of supplies to make things easier – Make sure that you have lots of supplies and boxes, before the actual day arrives. Boxes are going to make it easy for you to move the required items into the new home.
- Get help of professionals if you are unable to decide on certain things – It is better to get help of professional movers and packers. This is going to ease up the situation. This also ensures that none of your things are either broken or lost.
- Write details of the items contained within (on the boxes) – To make things easier for you, it would be wiser of you to write down the details of what the boxes contain. Do this on the upper side of the box. This is going to help while you will be unpacking.
- Start unpacking in a planned way while moving into the new home – After you move into the new larger home, start unpacking but do that in a planned way yet again. Examine what is to be unpacked and divide the task among your family.
- Try getting prior access to the home for making it pest free – It is better to make sure that the home is pest free. So, request the lender or the person in charge for prior access.
- Get people to clean up the large home before moving into it – As it is a large home, it would be better to get help of people in order to clean it up.
So, these are the 10 most important things which you need to do if you are moving to a new and larger home.
This article has been contributed by Sam Stokdale, a financial writer specializing in mortgage. Immersing himself with the financial sector, he has covered topics including real estate investment, mortgage refinancing, lending and borrowing, managing finances and credit advice.
And when you're ready to make a move to a larger, luxury home, call Bo Kauffmann of Re/Max Performance…. (204) 333-2202
About the PublisherBo Kauffmann is a residential real estate agent with over 18 yrs experience in helping buyers and sellers achieve their goals. Inducted into the REMAX Hall of Fame in 2010 and receiving the REMAX Lifetime Achievement Award in 2019, Bo has sold over 500 houses and condos in the Greater Winnipeg market. He is an accredited buyer representative (A.B.R.) and a Luxury Home Marketing Specialist. Bo provides exceptional service to First-Time Home-Buyers, Seniors looking to downsize and Home Sellers of all ages. He can be reached easily By E-Mail or call/text him Call/Text Here
Never miss an episode of our real estate podcast. Install our FREE Podcast App available on iOS and Android. For your Apple Devices, click here to install our iOS App. For your Android Devices, click here to install our Android App. Check my videos on Youtube