Home Staging Tip: Depersonalize your home before putting it up for sale
In part 3 of the series on Home Staging by Remax, we take a look at the need to depersonalize the home. Since the owner has likely lived in the home for a number of years, it has taken on his personality, displaying his photographs, trophies and furniture, along with his personal choices in colors and accents.
A buyer, coming to view the home, needs to be able to ‘visualize’ themselves in the home, and this become difficult if the buyer is overwhelmed with a multitude of personal items exhibiting the sellers personal life and tastes.
In order to help the potential buyer in their decision, home sellers are well advised to:
- Remove family photos and keepsakes
- Remove personal trophies
- Remove potentially offensive items (Hunting trophies such as bear-skins, etc)
Watch the short video on Depersonalizing your home
Home Staging Tip #1 – Winnipeg’s Real Estate Blog. How a successful home stager can help sell your home blog.winnipeghomefinder.com9/23/12. Staging your home or condo before sale may be advisable. Video tips on …
- Helpful Tips for Flipping Your First House - 2022-06-22
- Selling An Older Home?Things To Consider - 2022-06-21
- Considerations for Installing an Above-Ground Pool - 2022-06-14